Monday, January 16, 2012

Sun Moon Lake & Puli Winery, Taiwan


About a month ago, my parents came over for a last visit before I leave Taiwan for good. As my dad hadn't been to Sun Moon Lake before, I decided to take them there.






Lunch at Sun Moon Lake ...

Wild veggies ...


Chicken ...


Pig's Trotters ...


Soup with betel nut flowers ... (taste like bamboo shoots)


Stewed mushrooms ...


This is the "President's Fish", so named for former President Chiang Kai Shiak's favorite fish from Sun Moon Lake. We didn't try it though cos it's apparently very bony.


After Sun Moon Lake, we visited Puli Winery. We were hoping to get some fermented red wine paste but they were all sold out! So, we tried these shaoxing wine flavoured ice creams. My mom and I chose yam and red bean flavours.


We then ventured inside to have a look at this special passage created with walls of urns used to make shaoxing wine.







No comments:

Post a Comment