Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Goodies fm Taipei - Afternoon Tea & Agnes b


When I first saw that Shanghai Xintiandi had an "Afternoon Tea" shop, I was estatic ... till I went in to have a look at their cakes.  Unfortunately, they paled in comparison to "Afternoon Tea" in Taipei and Japan.  And they didn't carry my favorite cake - the fruit roll with almond and chocolate bits in the cream.  So, when Hubby had to go to Taipei for a business trip, I leapt at the opportunity and wheedled him to handcarrying some cakes back to Shanghai for me :)

Here's my fav fruit roll cake from Afternoon Tea, Taipei (oh why oh why can't they have this in Shanghai?  And why oh why does Afternoon Tea in Shanghai look less gleaming and polished and cozy compared to the outlets in Taipei and Japan?) ...


A seasonal cake - matcha green tea cake with cherries and red beans ...


I also managed to convince Hubby to bring me some goodies from Agnes b cafe in Taipei ... my fav Chloe (left) and coffee mille feuille ...


The whole box of pastries/sweets that Hubby came back with from Agnes b cafe ...


The gorgeous and wonderfully delicious cakes from Afternoon Tea ...




No comments:

Post a Comment