Friday, November 9, 2012

Banana Chocolate Walnut Loaf Cake


I try to be health conscious ... honest, I do!  But many times ... ok, virtually all the time, I don't succeed.  When I found out that overripe bananas are supposed to be really good for us, a light bulb went off in my head and I started to search for a really good banana cake recipe.  I figured bananas (good for our health) + cake (I love cake) = a healthy food I'll love :)  (Although, at the back of my mind, I did kinda realise that I may just be disguising a fruit as a cake ... which may not actually be as healthy as I hoped it would be ...)





So, where to start when searching for such a recipe?  Especially since there are soooooo many recipes for banana cakes and banana bread floating around on the internet?  As I've had some good experiences with tried and tested recipes by bloggers I follow, I thought why not check out them out?  Some of my favorite food blogs for such home baking are on the blogroll for the Daring Bakers and TWD (Tuesdays With Dorie).  I ended up trying out this recipe, and now it's on my keeper list of fantastic recipes!  In fact, I shared some with my mom's friend, who told me that her granddaughter, who dislikes banana cake, actually ate up an entire slice of the cake!  Quite an endorsement of this recipe, I think! :)

The recipe was for a pretty huge bundt cake, so I split the batter into half and baked 2 loaf cakes.  Wrapped one up in this ever-so-pretty serviettes fm Ikea (and I was wondering what to do with such pretty paper when I impulsively bought it!  Heh heh heh ...) ...




I did add chocolate chips and walnuts to the banana cake ...


Dee-Li-Cious!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment