Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Eve Dinner at Just In Bistro & Wine Bar, Taipei


Initially, when I read that Justin Quek, a Singaporean chef, had opened a restaurant, in Taipei, I thought ... why would I want to eat food cooked by a Singaporean when I was a Singaporean and could eat Singaporean food every time I went home? How ignorant I was! Little did I know that Justin Quek was the chef behind Les Amis - one of the top, if not THE top, French restaurant in Singapore. And apparently, he had cooked for Singapore's MM Lee Kuan Yew, and Bill Gates, amongst others!

So, now, having been a little more educated on Justin Quek's illustrious career, I was extremely pleased that Hubby had made reservations for us on New Year's Eve at his more casual eatery in Taipei - Just In Bistro & Wine Bar.

Here's what we had:

Breaded Oyster Salad


Escargots in garlic sauce


Grilled King Mushrooms with sea salt
(This was soooo succulent and finely seasoned)


Seafood Risotto
(Oh wow ... this was soooo good! I'm not a big fan of risotto, but this one was really delicious!)


The Bistro's signature pizza - prosciutto with arugula or rocket


Everything was kinda like tapas serving size, so that was really nice cos it allowed us the opportunity to sample many different dishes. I only wish I had enough room to try the desserts as well. The apple tart or pie looked positively delicious! As did the choc and banana layered crepe ... next time ...



No comments:

Post a Comment