Monday, August 15, 2011

M&M Cookies


I guess I've been somewhat obsessed about baking some M&M cookies ever since I had one at I-Baked (the ice cream cookie place in Shida, Taipei). After googling for some M&M cookie recipes online, I stumbled upon this All Recipes Hall of Fame 2010 Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. It was rated 4.5 stars by 3,205 people! I figured so many people couldn't be wrong, and decided to try it. In view of my obsession with M&Ms, I substituted the chocolate chips for M&Ms. Here are the end results ...

Just look at these beautiful nuggets of cookies with that colourful smattering of M&Ms!





They were a mite too sweet cos the M&Ms were not the dark chocolate ones, so next time, I'll have to find some dark chocolate M&Ms or use dark chocolate chips/chunks. But this recipe is definitely a keeper.

Fyi, the cookie is beautifully crisp at the edges, with just the right amount of chewiness in the centre. Wonderful! Am already thinking of baking more such cookies with granola instead of chocolate chips/M&Ms!




No comments:

Post a Comment