Monday, November 7, 2011

Ondeh Ondeh


Last week, someone very kindly gave us some sweet potatoes. Apparently, he had gone to a sweet potato farm in Taiwan and his wife picked out some sweet potatoes and found them so good and so sweet that they gave us a few :)

For me, my two favorite ways of eating sweet potatoes are cooking them in porridge (Taiwanese style Teochew muay) or making them into ondeh ondeh. As I'd recently recovered fm the flu, during which I'd eaten my fill of porridge, the former was definitely out of the question. So, I decided to make some ondeh ondeh using this recipe ...

(For those who don't know what ondeh ondeh is, it's a Nonya kueh which is made with sweet potatoes and gula melaka, and coated with grated coconut.)


Look at that gula melaka (palm sugar) oozing out! Drool ...


This has got to be one of the best ondeh ondeh recipes I've tried (granted, I've only tried 2 or 3 recipes thus far :)).




No comments:

Post a Comment