Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More Peach Desserts


I was reading one of my favorite blogs: www.joythebaker.com, and saw a cake she recently baked - a Strawberry Upside-down Cake with Cardamon. Something just clicked, and I thought about the peaches that were still sitting in my fridge ... the sour ones that I'd used to bake some Peach Streusel Muffins a while back? ... How about baking a Peach Upside-down Cake? Off I went to get some sour cream and a couple of hours later, ta-da!

Peach Upside-down Cake!

Oh wow ... this was such a beauty to look at! Honestly, one of the prettiest cakes I've ever baked!



With much anticipation, I cut into the cake, hoping it would taste as good as it looked, as the batter seemed rather thick and doughy and the cake hadn't risen much. My fears were allayed when I saw this beautiful cross-section! It turned out beautiful INside and out :)

Lovely!


This recipe is another keeper that's going into my recipe folder :)

I read that some of Joy's readers baked this with blueberries as well ... hmmm .... maybe next time ...




No comments:

Post a Comment