Saturday, July 23, 2011

Da Wan Yakiniku Dining Restaurant, East District, Taipei


We took our Mexican visitor to Da Wan at the East District in Taipei. Apparently, several people had given this eatery pretty good reviews. When we got there, we realised it was one of the restaurants which we had told ourselves to try as everytime we saw it, it was always packed.

A snapshot of their menu ...


Japanese style salad in sesame dressing with tofu ... soooo good!


Brace yourself ... this is cow tongue ... I know, I know, not my cup of tea but I very gamely tried it as Hubby had tricked me into trying it once before and it had tasted pretty good. Honestly though, I much prefer it more well done, although our guest and Hubby both liked it.


One of my favorite things about this Japanese BBQ place is that they barbeque the food for you :) Call me lazy (I prefer to think of myself as being unable to multi-task), but I find it incredibly difficult to ensure my food is cooked to perfection while eating. So, I always enjoy BBQ places that do the cooking for you ... like so:


My share of grilled/BBQ pork ...


Tasty grilled pork (a different cut of pork fm above) ...


BBQ beef ...


Clam soup ...


Grilled prawns ...


BBQ oyster mushrooms ...


Grilled Japanese rice balls (Onigiri?) ... this was definitely one of the best Japanese rice balls I've ever had ...


Overall, it was a wonderful meal, and I'm definitely looking forward to returning for another meal!




No comments:

Post a Comment