Thursday, November 19, 2009

Boston Common Animals ...











Gosh ... talk about a workhorse! This dear horsey was so well groomed, his coat was positively gleaming! I'm sure his ranger companion must really love him.

As for this furry little fella with that huge bushy tail, he was hilarious! He reminded me of that creature in Ice Age. This fella was scampering all over looking for acorns. I'd brought some nuts specially to feed the squirrels. At first I fed him and his friends the nuts, but I got tired waiting for them to eat them one by one, so I decided to drop him another nut shortly after he picked the first one up. He could only pick one up at a time, so I was wondering what he'd do with the other ... then he bounded off with the first nut and promptly found a spot to start burying it! After that, he came back for the second one! The best part was when I gave him yet another nut! He then took the second nut and was about to burying it when he suddenly realised it wasn't the spot he'd hidden his stash! We wondered whether squirrels have a bad memory, and our friend said that's how acorn trees grow! They depend on forgetful squirrels! Hahahaaha .....

No comments:

Post a Comment