Monday, November 23, 2009

House and Garden

I've always had problems picking out artwork that I'd like in my living spaces. My problem is that I'm so indecisive, and simply have difficulty imagining the type of art that would fit into the living space. But I think this mosaic-like piece might just do it. And the chandelier adds the right amt of sophistication to the room. My idea of smart casual for a room :)

Just look at all the light streaming in through these french doors! Makes the whole room look so warm and inviting. I love a bright and airy room.

Oh to have an open kitchen like this! And so spacious too! To just let reality intrude a little, I wonder what it'd be like cooking in a kitchen like this ... less storage space due to the lack of walls to put in cabinetry? And ease of break-ins? And the need to close-up everyday? Whatever ... I shall live in the beauty of this kitchen for now :)

I love the way this living room opens up into the courtyard that connects to another room in the house. I just adore courtyards. They make the whole house look so much brighter and they bring the outdoors/greenery into the rooms. That's why I like those pre-war conservation houses in Spore so much!

I'm not normally a fan of a darker furniture, but this one just appeals to me. This room seems to have the ideal balance of dark and bright colours. Teamed with the lovely doors, it looks nice and cozy - a perfect place to just lounge around with a good book.


Again, the balance of all that light through the glass walls against the dark wood, dark red rug and neutral sofa just makes everything work so well ... although I could do without that "cow"-like painting on the partitioning wall.

Summer! Beaches! Swimming pools! This outdoor space brings to mind all these. I feel so energised just looking at this pic! At the same time, I can just imagine relaxing on the couch, or talking to friends at the long table.

I like this cos of how the green outside seems to be part of the whole room. It's like living as one with nature. So great!

Sigh ... just look at the views! I wish I could one day own a place like this with views like this ... or preferably of the ocean. Just imagine dining in this room ... fabulous!

There are just so many things to love about this space! But most of all, I like how you can fold all the doors away and create so much openness leading to the outdoor terrace. So much light and you can experience the outdoors without stepping out!

Apart fm the great views and how bright and cheery, yet warm and cosy this bedroom looks, I also really like the chair at the foot of the bed. The wooden slate-like arms make it look so tropical, while the cushions and back make it look like it'd be really comfy to sit in. Most times, the seating placed here don't have any backrests unless they're much larger, in which case they don't seem to really fit into the room (esp a smaller room).


These hardwood floors look absolutely beautiful! I just love the combination of the wood, white, greenery fm the outdoors and all that light!

All the earth tones of this room attract me. Somehow, despite how neutral the colours are, this room doesn't look boring at all. There's just such a feeling of cosiness that makes me picture a family having a great meal in this room. Sometimes rooms are so decorated that they look more like a place to display than to live in, so I always appreciate rooms that make me want to live there.


Look at these beautiful rooms that I found on my fav mag's website: House and Garden. Drool! Drool! How I'd love to be able to have a space like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment