Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mad About Mad Men ... Joan Holloway

If I were working in an office, Joan's looks would be something I'd try to replicate.
Hmmm ....
Maybe I can just try channelling Joan in my daily life ...
... now I just need to find the right occasion for it ...

Again, Joan looks stunning in these burgundy wine tones.
I wish she were wearing a scarf or something to dress up the bareness around her neck.

The coral red wrap top goes so well with the brownish tweed-like pencil skirt.
This colour combination is so unexpected, yet so lovely.
Makes me want to go out and get a coral red top like that ...
... only I don't know if I'd look as good as Joan in it...


I really like the blue outfit on the right.
The bow perfectly feminises the otherwise official looking outfit.

And the burgundy-purplish top and skirt go beautifully together.
The colours look lovely on Joan.

Btw, the "necklace" is actually a vintage pen.
Apparently, that's what secretaries in that era "wore"!
Cute!


These jewel tones are more in keeping with Joan's style.
She looks so beautiful in this dress. Somehow ppl look so much more chic, sophisticated and elegant in the 60s.

What a beautiful outfit!
I can't tell if it's a dress or if it's a top and a skirt
Regardless, Joan looks gorgeous in it...
from the lovely open collar to the wrap style of the outfit
to the bracelet/cuff to the bag.
I wish I could own an outfit like this ...
but where would I wear it to?

Joan Holloway is Mad Men's equivalent to Sophia Loren.
Her figure hugging outfits are so chic.
They are so prim and proper, yet at the same time they show off her hourglass shape so well. Great for girls who don't have stick-thin frames to show off their figures in style!


[Pics taken fm Elle & TV Guide]

No comments:

Post a Comment