Friday, November 27, 2009

Lemon Meringue Tartlets






When I was in NY (on the way back to Tpe), I tried Dean & Deluca's Lemon Meringue Tart. (Incidentally, my fav Dean & Deluca's is still the one at Soho.)
Anyway, I suddenly had this longing for something tart and yummy,
and I thought of that tart I had.
Since the Dean & Deluca's in Tpe doesn't carry that particular Lemon Meringue Tart, I thought I'd be adventurous and try making them myself!
So, here are some of my Lemon Meringue Tarts!

I enlisted hubby's help with whipping the whites for the meringue
... we took turns trying to whip it till it was stiff enough to pipe
... which sadly didn't happen
... but our arms were about to drop off
(I refuse to buy an egg-beater cos of the different voltage)
... and we were about to drop from exhaustion
So, I finally gave up and that's how the meringue turned out the way it did!
Wasn't great but it's good enough for me for now :)

It will certainly be some time before I try this again
cos this took me practically the whole day to make!

1 comment: