Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mai Gallery - Vietnam Art




We purchased a painting by
Phan Thu Trang (Ms)
(pronounced Pun Too Chiang)
a young contemporary Vietnamese painter,
who is exclusively promoted by Mai Gallery, Hanoi.

I was first attracted to her paintings that were displayed in the lobby of the Hilton Opera Hotel, Hanoi. I especially loved one of them
but it was just too big and as I currently don't have a permanent home, I was hesistant to buy it in case I didn't have the wall space to display it.
So, I ended choosing this smaller one titled "Summer".
Mai Gallery's manager, Ms Hien, was sweet enough to take it down from display on the second floor of the Hilton Opera Hotel for us to look at before we made our decision.

I love the way the artist paints the trees.
I especially love the red trees.
And somehow, I was drawn to the skinny trees
which some say is her trademark.
I hope I'll one day be able to get a collection by her representing all four seasons.
Red for summer
Yellow for autumn
Blue for winter
Green for spring

No comments:

Post a Comment