Friday, July 23, 2010

Trekking Up Elephant Mountain (Hill?)


After all the food I'd posted about, I decided I had to take some extreme measures to lose weight, and to spice up my exercise routine (if you can call it that), on the spur of the moment, I decided to trek up the Elephant Mountain (erm ... a hill really..)


When I first started my trek, this was one of the flights of stairs I faced. I couldn't even see the end of the stairs! Argh! What had I got myself into?!



At some points, the steps were so steep, I couldn't even see them before the drop-off ... I could only see the railings! I was beginning to wish for an escalator!


At some points, the steps were so tall, they were nearly up to my knees!
(erm ... I never knew my knees looked that chubby ...)


As I was nearing the summit, I came across this pavilion which someone cleverly transformed into a relaxing little library! Ingenious!


Approaching the peak of the Elephant Mountain ...


Rewarding views of Taipei 101 and Taipei city ...



People take their dogs along trekking too!


No comments:

Post a Comment