Thursday, June 24, 2010

Living in Taiwan ...


I was reading this post on sendingpostcards, and it reminded me of crossing streets in Taipei, which is one of my pet peeves about living in Taiwan.

When I first came to Taipei, it took me a while to get accustomed to crossing the roads as I soon realised that the pedestrian crossings were for reference only. Even if the pedestrian has the right of way, the pedestrian has to give way to the cars and scooters and buses.

And while crossing roads without a traffic light, one has to be brave and have faith that the motorists will stop for you, otherwise, you'll never get to the other side of the road. This works majority of the time, but one time, I nearly got hit by a car as the driver was clearly not paying attention.

Have a look at a typical road crossing in Taipei ...





While I was searching for the video above, I came across this hilarious video, which was too good not to share. Although I didn't get some of the jokes, the ones I did get had me literally laughing out loud :) Check it out ...




No comments:

Post a Comment