Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Patisserie Sadaharu Aoki, Taipei


The first thing that crossed my mind when I first laid eyes on the macaroons by Patisserie Sadaharu Aoki was "Ooo! Pretty!", followed very quickly by "woah ... that's really expensive!" when I caught sight of the prices! So, I'd very heroically held off buying anything fm this patisserie (both for the sake of my wallet as well as my tummy) till I could refrain no longer, and this is the result ...


I finally decided on this "Valencia" as it had won some awards ...
This delicious confection has an orange perfumed mousse, with layers of chocolate sponge, chocolate mousse, praliné croustillant and Dacquoise sponge...
... it was truly worth every cent!
... one of the best cakes I've ever had!
I'm definitely going back to try their Matcha Tea Opera cake, and Tart Au Citron!



Slightly less heavy on the pocket were the pastries, so I brought a few home ...

First, an Apple Turnover ...


A Blueberry Tart/Danish ...


An Orange Scone ...


(Incidentally, I just realised that I'd not taken any pics of the counter as I was overwhelmed carefully choosing my pastries :) But for photos, do have a look here - although the shop photographed is in Paris, it is a pretty accurate picture of what I saw in the counter in Bellavita, Taipei.)

No comments:

Post a Comment