Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lemon Meringue Tartlets ... Again!


Yellow lemons are pretty hard to find in Taipei, and when you do find them, they are usually quite pricey, so I couldn't resist when I saw a bag of yellow lemons on offer. I was intending to bake a lemon loaf cake, but one of the eggs I bought cracked when I came home, so I needed a fast recipe using lemons and eggs, and the one thing that came to mind was ... lemon curd!


And since I had some tart shell pastry in my fridge just waiting to be rolled out, I whipped up some lemon meringue tarts. And I just have to say, I really really really love my new eggbeater cos I managed to whip the whites into meringues in no time at all (unlike during my other attempt here where my arms were positively aching fm whisking)!




No comments:

Post a Comment