Friday, June 25, 2010

Watermelon Feta Salad & Bouillabaisse


Now that summer is here, watermelons are in season, and I couldn't resist buying a gigantic slice home the other day when it was sweltering hot. As I sliced it up, I recalled a watermelon feta cheese salad that I made several summers ago. I looked up this recipe by Nigella Lawson, and voila ... my watermelon feta salad (minus the black olives) ... (the parsley and mint leaves are fm my herb garden :))


I've mostly enjoyed fish served in Western countries mainly cos they are usually boneless when they arrive on my plate :) In Asian cultures though, fish is often served whole or with the bone in. So, when I bought some cod fish fm the market and requested for the bone to be removed, the fishmonger asked "is it for babies?" Hahahaha .... well, I don't mind regarded as a big baby so long as my fish is boneless!

With my cod fish all nicely filleted, I was ready to cook my bouillabaisse. It turned out really tasty ... and healthy too, with tomatoes, yellow capsicums, onions, carrots, celery and cod fish ... I'll be making this again real soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment