Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!


Happy Year of the Tiger!

In an attempt to make the apartment look more festive, I paid the flower market a visit and got these beauties:

First off, a shout-out to our dear friends D & K, who left us a lotus plant in this gorgeous bowl when they moved back to the States. Given my lack of green fingers, it was inevitable that the lotus plant faded away, so to replace it, I got these lovely purple water plants - water hyacinths! I sure hope they are easy to look after!



The flower market was full of these gorgeous purple bell shaped flowers. I have no clue what they're called - Bellflowers? They were so beautiful, I just couldn't resist.





Peonies!!! I love love love peonies! They are soooo beautiful! Look at all these gorgeous layers of petals! I had been looking for them for ages and ages, but for some reason or other, I never saw them at the market till now. I hope that doesn't mean they are hard to grow... never mind ... that's in the future... for now, I'm just gonna enjoy them ... while they last :)






No comments:

Post a Comment