Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jap Fashion


My mind is still filled with Japanese fashion, so I thought I'd post some pics of outfits that I saw in the wonderful shops in Osaka and Kyoto.

This outfit looks so effortlessly pulled together ...


... then I realise that it's the accessories that made this super simple white dress look so great! I love the way they add colour with the denim jacket, yellow scarf and woven belt. I'd never have dreamt that such a simple dress could look so great!


I like the simple elegance of this outfit - at first glance, the top looks like an ordinary plain top, then ...


... upon closer inspection, one can see the intricate details that take this top into a whole other level.



I saw this on a mannequin in the Earth, Music & Ecology corner of 0101, Umeda, Osaka, and I was attracted to the gorgeous lacey detail in the front of the cardigan. The way they styled it was that the lacey part wasn't placed flat against the cardigan lapels, but draped off it, making the entire outfit look so sweet and feminine, yet not overly so. The lace part can be detached so the piece is more versatile. I was going to buy it, but I figured I had a long scarf that had some lace details, so maybe I could style it like this and use what I had. Shopping is so inspiring!

Florals were everywhere in the shops in Osaka and Kyoto. If spring flowers haven't quite arrived on trees outside, they certainly have in the shops! There were loads of small floral printed dresses, skirts, tops, rompers etc. I didn't actually try this floral number on cos I'm kinda drifting away fm spaghetti tops as I find them rather too skimpy now that I'm fleshier, but then again, if I could pull an outfit like this together, I may have gotten it afterall!


The "foundation" of the whole outfit:

Instead of the LBD, it was the Little White Dress this spring, and there were some really lovely ones around! Like these:





[Images from 0101, CanCam, and JJ]



No comments:

Post a Comment