Thursday, February 25, 2010

Osaka & Kyoto Goodies!


For fellow shopaholics, these are what I got from my Osaka/Kyoto vacation :)

Biscuits from Henri Charpentier (Takashimaya Dept Store, Namba station)

My niece apparently loved all the biscuits I'd bought from Hokkaido looong time ago, so I was given instructions to get some nice Japanese biscuits for her. I had intended to buy some baumkuchen from Club Harie for her. However (as mentioned in my previous post), I found out that they couldn't keep. And that's how I ended up walking around the Takashimaya food basement wondering which biscuits to buy.

I was attracted to Henri Chapentier as they had such lovely packaging, and the goodies all looked so appealing. Upon reaching home, I searched the internet for this brand, and found so many good reviews (see this from Chowhound). I was reassured that I'd made the right choice. And this was reconfirmed when I opened a box of cream biscuits that I'd bought for myself and bit into one. DELICIOUS! My only regret is not buying more (including their madeleines that the reviewers were raving about)!


Shopping in Japan is such a pleasurable experience (my only wish is that I could either speak Japanese or they could provide more info in English!). When I bought the biscuits, I was shown a pink ribbon, to which I nodded. The young salesman then showed me a variety of coloured papers. I chose a white and pink one for my niece. He then proceeded to carefully wrap all my purchases up in this lovely paper and tie them with that pretty pink ribbon. Exquisite! I left the counter beaming fm ear to ear! Who says retail therapy doesn't work?


Green tea biscuits from Kyoto 茶寮都路里,
from the same shop we had our matcha green tea dessert

On the left is a packet of green tea biscuits filled with cream.
On the right is a packet of plain biscuits filled with green tea cream.
In the middle is a packet of green tea biscuits.


Camellia Oil from Kazurasei
This apparently is the secret to the geishas' beautiful smooth skin and luxuriantly silky hair.



Environmentally friendly bags with beautiful Japanese prints


Vans sneakers from ABC Mart
Everytime I go to Japan, in my very casual and comfy outfits, I end up feeling like a maid. So, in my misguided attempt to be as well dressed as the Japanese ladies, I vainly wore my heeled short boots and trudged around Osaka and Kyoto in them. By the end of day 2, they were hurting so bad (ah ... the bane of a woman's vanity!), I popped into ABC Mart and picked up this pair of sneakers. What a relief! Next time, I'm bringing a spare pair of comfy shoes! )


Doesn't this look most decadent? Little boxes and packages of Burberry, Celine, and YSL! But a close friend had once bought me a most beautiful Burberry hanky (which I use as a small scarf cos it's just too exquisite to be used for anything else) from Tokyo. As such, when I saw them in a dept store in Osaka, I picked some up for myself, hubby, and figured they'd make good gifts for friends.



Lovely unmentionables from Peach John ... here's a little peek ...


A Chanel-esque jacket for cooler spring/autumn days
I took the plunge and splurged on this cos I really liked the blue accents in this jacket. Plus the salesgirl was really sweet and helpful ... the older I get, the more I treasure good service.


An adorable black coat with pink lining and press studs and bracelet sleeves!


Faux leather jacket
I loved the one I got in Taipei, but the crease (which I simply couldn't press out) was driving me mad, so I decided to get this as it was on offer and was this lovely neutral shade.


Peachy pink cardigan with the cutest (or most kawaii) front closures - little cream ribbons!



No comments:

Post a Comment