Thursday, February 4, 2010

Style Icons ...

Feeling a little moody recently, I turned to one of my favorite things: Books on my favorite style icons who have transcended time.

Here's my little collection of books on Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly.


Jackie O books:
Her simple, classic and elegant style is what draws me. I was turning the pages of the book on the left yesterday, and everything she wore is what someone today could easily wear. And I also like that she wasn't a conventional beauty, yet with her style, she could inspire so many. Such a model for the average woman aspiring to be better.


Audrey Hepburn books:
I think I first became enamoured with Audrey Hepburn when my parents took us to watch My Fair Lady (it was one of the rare times we went to the cinema .... I believe I wasn't even a teenager then!). After that, I adored her as a princess in Roman Holiday. I know her name is synonymous with Breakfast at Tiffany's, but it's the former two movies that I remember her the most by.

Lovely and as beautiful as Ms Hepburn was, to emulate her would be impossible. She was always so slim, and had such a natural beauty to her. I guess that's why I know that as much as I'd like to look like her, I know I'd never .. but looking at all these beautiful pictures of her is still inspiring and motivating.


My one and only book on the lovely Grace Kelly:
Hers was truly a fairy tale story. Afterall which little girl hasn't dreamed of marrying a prince? And on top of that, she was so beautiful ... really the epitome of old Hollywood glamour.


Book on Valentino Designs:
Oh ... if I only had the funds! I'd so love to own a beautiful Valentino gown. They are so gorgeous, so beautiful, so exquisite, so well crafted, so intricately designed. Sigh ...




No comments:

Post a Comment