Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Green Chili Wrapped in Pork Slices


I first had similar rolls at this Taiwanese Teppanyaki restaurant called 三太. They pride themselves in serving up unique and delicious yet healthy food. While the portions were literally bite-sized (served in Chinese spoons), there were so many courses, we were stuffed by the end of the meal. Certainly one of the more memorable restaurants in Taipei that I've been too.

So this is my version (they used beef, while I substituted with pork):


Green Chili, which is rolled up inside the pork slices:



My version of the Taiwanese dish - "Cang Ying Tou":


For dessert, we had some of this Taiwanese pastry. This is a traditional Taiwanese pastry with mochi and bean paste. And no, it's not mouldy ... it's green cos it's green tea flavoured :)




No comments:

Post a Comment