Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hakone Open-Air Museum


My aunt and uncle had read about this museum in Hakone, but I had never heard of it before, and wasn't expecting much, so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this museum. The creative thinking behind the design and layout of the museum was admirable ... it made even a "non-museum" person like me enjoy it!



Picasso Museum within the Hakone Open-Air Museum, which houses a number of works by Picasso ... beautiful!


Eggs Over Easy?


Anyone reminded of the stock market? ... the bulls and the bears?


What an interesting sculpture! I like her green "hair" ... and if you look closely, you'll notice there's water streaming fm her eyes. And check out the guy getting his pic taken :)


This is actually a twisting sculpture ...



Cheery Horsies!




This floating sculpture is more fascinating in person due to the way the architect of this museum built different levels/platforms on which this sculpture could be viewed. You could see it at eye level, or from a bridge above, or from a path behind it ... how creative!



I was thrilled when I found out this was a labyrinth! I've been fascinated by these mazes ever since I saw pics of them in English gardens, so I couldn't resist and immediately tried to get lost in this "Garden of Stars" ...


I thought this looked like a giant wooden hive and wanted to go in to play ...




BUT ...


I hope they create one for adults soon ... isn't it so colourful? And doesn't it make you want to play in these nets?



And I thought this was so cute ...



A "Molecular playground" ... again ... for kids only ... I wish my niece were here ...



Doesn't this remind you of me? HAHAHAHA ....



Splat! Isn't this just so funny?






AND finally, one of the biggest highlights of the museum in my humble opinion ... a hot springs foot bath! :) :) :)







No comments:

Post a Comment