Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous - Part 2


When I thought of going shopping at Desert Hills Premium Outlet Mall in Cabazon, Palm Springs, California, I never dreamt I'd be going there in this ...


Yes! A twin engine Cessna! Imagine! Going shopping by plane!!!! What a treat!

This beauty was piloted by B, the very same kind person who took us to The Cannery at Newport Bay for dinner! And I need to mention a big word of thanks to him and his wife, A, who very thoughtfully ensured I'd be comfortable with the idea of flying in a small plane. She assured me that her husband is a safe and good pilot, which I can now testify to :) His was one of the best take-offs and landings I've ever experienced!

This was truly an experience of a lifetime! And a peep into the lives of the rich and famous :)

Some scenes taken from the plane ...



Laguna Beach ... from the air ...
(this wasn't one of my favorite parts, as the flight plan called for a u-turn at this point ... watching the horizon change positively made me turn quite green ... being motion-sickness prone is not fun ... it was at this point that I realised that the lifestyle of the rich and famous is not for me ...)


Snow-capped mountains!


Wonderful shopping at Desert Hills Premium Outlet!
And just check out that beautiful backdrop! What more can a gal ask for?
(Here, I need to thank our friend and pilot, B, for his patience in indulging us in our shopping quest :) )


No comments:

Post a Comment