Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Soupy Dinner

I was afraid the bak kut teh wouldn't be sufficient to satiate
my hubby, so I heated up this bit of tinned black dace fish
which we had leftover fm a simple dinner the other night.

Stir-fried cabbage with "hei bee" (dried shrimps) and spring onions.

Lately, I haven't felt particularly inspired to cook.
I've got problems coming up with menus everyday.
I guess I'm just not a cook.
I cook to live and not live to cook.

But anyway, as it was rather cold, I decided to use my
Bak Kut Teh spices for a nice comforting hot soup.

My very astute hubby took one look and pronounced it
"Malaysian" bak kut teh, cos Singapore bak kut teh is light in colour!
I didn't even know that!
Till I cooked this bak kut teh and realised it was a
Singapore bak kut teh (as written on the packet of spices),
and it was a clear soup.
Wanting the Malaysian bak kut teh look,
I added a little dark soya sauce,
and here it is ... my Singaporean Bak Kut Teh in disguise as a Malaysian Bak Kut Teh!
Hahahaha ....

No comments:

Post a Comment